Sunday, February 5, 2012

Feeding Frenzy

So there is some sort of athletic event this weekend. Whatever, is what I say.

But! I am actually kind of glad for this because it is giving us an excuse to go on a feeding frenzy. It's just going to be me and Tom and the girls but we're having all kinds of yummy food today, just because it's a Sunday and it's February and hey, the ground isn't even frozen.

So I've already made two kinds of cookies (sugar and chocolate chip for those who want to know.) I've got honey bbq meatballs in the crockpot. There will be some boneless buffalo chicken wings going into the oven soon as well as an artichoke spinach dip. We're going all out.

Tom announced earlier, "I'm going to bed fat tonight."

Ha! Welcome to my world, I though.

In an effort to make the most of her Sunday at home, Alyssa hasn't bothered changing out of her pajamas. Olivia is dressed but she's laid around the house all day, sort of like a slug. But an awfully cute slug at that.

We'll probably all end up in a carbohydrate coma by the end of the evening. But it will have been worth it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my kind of Sunday! Hope you all enjoy it.

Julie said...

Sheesh, with the big game mere HOURS away from your house...


We went to a big party and had all kinds of yummy stuff too!

We loved watching it! It was a great game with the outcome we wanted.