Thursday, February 23, 2012

Notes to Self

-Two donuts for breakfast are not a good idea. It gives me a rush of sugar that my body is no longer used to. I don’t want to get used to it either because that will mean I’m on the road to regaining the weight I lost over the last few months.

-Caffeine consumption on the weekends is a bad idea. It just leads to a withdrawal headache by Tuesday afternoon. Abstain, self. Seriously.

-My real husband is not responsible for things he does in my dreams. Just because the dream husband is a shit doesn’t mean that I can be mad at the real husband when I wake up.

-I do not have to accept every single invitation I receive to dance marathons. It is okay to decide that driving four hours for a five minute speech is too much to ask of my family. I’m grateful for the invitations, truly, but I’m getting to the point that I feel guilty when I can’t accept and I’m going to just go ahead and get over that right about now.

-Speaking of guilt, Self, as husband does not feel even a smidge of guilt when he leaves the entire evening routine to me, from dinner and homework up to and including stories, tooth brushing and carrying a sleeping Olivia to bed, I refuse to feel guilty for leaving the morning breakfast/oral hygiene routine to him. So, Self, stop feeling guilty for not feeling guilty. Do you even realize how stupid that is? Seriously.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I like these notes to self!!!