Sunday, February 12, 2012

Self-Medicated

This morning started rough. My mood was less than pleasant and I could barely stand myself let alone subject my family to my foul mood.

After breakfast Tom said something that irritated me. The fact that I was irritated annoyed him and so on and so forth.

Then I realized what the date was and ahhh, hello PMS. I haven't seen you in such a long time. Please don't stop by again anytime in the near future, thanks so much.

I needed to go back to Walmart this afternoon because when I got home yesterday my car was smoking. I'd had my oil changed yesterday and I figured they'd spilled some on the engine. Tom checked the oil after the car had cooled and found that it was over-full.

My suspicion was confirmed by the very gentleman who'd changed the oil yesterday. He apologized profusely and said he'd drained some of the extra oil from the whatever it is that holds the oil.

All is well.

While in town, I checked out the Midol and found that it's only active ingredients are pain reliever and caffeine. Hah, I can do better than that.

I bought a frozen Coke from Subway and a couple of chocolate caramel eggs.

Oh yes, I feel so much better now that I've self-medicated with caffeine and chocolate.

I have a feeling PMS is going to wreak havok in my 'healthy eating plan.' I hope it's gone tomorrow and that the good old Mirena kicks in and keeps it at bay for the next five years. I hate myself when I feel this way.

No comments: