Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bang

At either years old, Alyssa seems to have gotten to the age where she's old enough to be too young for certain television shows and movies.

We love The Big Bang Theory.

Last year, Alyssa could watch it with us and laugh when we laughed but not really get it.

This year? She's starting to ask questions about why certain things are supposed to be funny.

Last week during the show, she asked Tom, "What is 'ass'?"

Tom looked at me and I tried to keep a straight face.

He finally said, "It's a mule, but it's also a word you aren't allowed to use."

I do believe that The Big Bang Theory is going to have to be watched after Alyssa's asleep from now one. There are just too many sexual innuendos and she's getting to observant.

Good thing that at eight her bedtime is usually 8:00. I guess we'll just have to start being more strict about that bedtime.

I knew this was coming. But I do find myself wondering why such shows are on so early in the programming. Some kids aren't in bed until 9:00 and yet some of these shows are way too mature and showing at 8 and 8:30.

Okay, now I sound like just like my mom. Wait....

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Gabe is at that phase too...we let him watch The Middle...and American Idol...and nature type shows...but it's difficult to find appropriate shows!