Friday, April 8, 2011

Looming

We've been in this house for almost eight months now. We still have lots of things we need/want to do to improve our home. See the previous posts about priming and painting. Ugh!

But we may have gotten the nudge we need.

Earlier this week, my mom and I were talking about this summer, specifically the Fourth of July, when family comes from far and wide to spend the long weekend with us all.

In the thirty mile radius of her home, my mom has three brothers, five sisters and her mother. All of these siblings have children spread across the country.

There is also a sister in Michigan and a brother in Arizona.

My mom's aunts and cousins also like to come visit in the summer. They're all from the south, the can only stand the weather up here in the dog days of summer, when it's sweltering.

So, with everyone coming, I mentioned a cousin in Kentucky, who is married with three children. She also likes to come visit for the weekend. Her father is my mom's brother who lives in Arizona, so he doesn't have a home in which to host his daughter and her family while visiting the Indiana/Ohio area.

During this conversation I said something along the lines of, "Where is B going to stay? Who else has room besides me?"

And my mom got that gleam in her eyes. "No one else has room."

It was settled. If B and her family come visit, they'll more than likely stay with us.

Which gives us just about three months to prime and paint the guest room, the guest bahtroom, the girls room (where B's kids will stay.) We'll need to get a bed for the guest room, twin mattresses for the bunkbed in the girls' room, a light fixture for the guest room AND for the living room and family room. The upstairs hall still needs to be primed and painted too.

Lots of things to be done. And thank goodness, a little time to do them.

This might just be what we needed to get our butts in gear.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I always need something to get my butt in gear when it comes to painting!!!!