Sunday, August 28, 2011

Dams and Mud Pies

It's been one of those weekends where we don't do much and yet it feels like a lot got done.

The laundry seemed to be less intense than most weekends. It's done.

The girls had their moments but now they're both bathed and jammied, with clean hair and toes.

Tom and I were mostly in sinc, especially as I experimented with my new soft-spoken side. Wheee!!

I picked twelve green peppers from the garden, chopped them, bagged them and put them in the freezer. Our tomatoes are FINALLY starting to ripen.

I spackled the twelve hundred nail holes in the girls' room in preparation for painting next weekend. Yes, more painting. I know. It feels never ending. Alas, it has to be done and I know that once it is done, I'll feel so much better.

The girls and I walked to my mom's house today. Well, okay, I walked, pushing a double stroller that held 100+ pounds of kid. It was a tough walk but I feel good that we did it. Alyssa did walk occasionally, so there's that.

And when we got home, we headed to the backyard where the girls played in a gentle sprinkling of water, building a dam and making mud pies.

Now that's what I call an excellent way to end a nice weekend. Now it's time for dinner, books and bed. Back to school and work tomorrow.

No comments: