Thursday, August 11, 2011

Marriage

I almost feel sorry for my husband. Here is an actual email I sent him this morning:

"Good morning,

I wanted to actually get a message to you when it was actually still morning.

I wanted to thank you for all the work you’re doing around the house. I know there is still so much to be done and if feels like the evenings go by so quickly, what with the dinner prep, the eating, the cleaning up of the dinner remnants, and by then, Liv wants to be held and rocked and then she’s asleep and I’m tired and Alyssa wants some Mom-time and, well, the evening is shot.

So the laundry isn’t getting folded and put away, the bathroom floors (upstairs) aren’t getting swept and mopped, the girls’ rooms aren’t getting cleaned/organized and there is just so much I want to do and there never seems to be time to do it. And I want to get the clocks hung in the guest room and the bathroom and I would like to find something to use as a night stand by the bed in that room and I’m going to make the bed on Friday even if no one sleeps in it (it will be so pretty all made up.) And wow, that was quite the run-on sentence, huh?

Which is all to say that I appreciate all that you’re getting done and I’m sort of jealous even as I feel bad that you are doing it while I’m not. I feel bad and very much like a slacker. So I’m sorry that I’m a slacker…

And then there is the school shopping the girls and I need to do. Alyssa and I need to go through the brown paper bag in her closet and figure out what she already has for school supplies and then compare those to the list we got from Walmart for Edon third-graders (she’s a THIRD GRADER!!!) and then get what she doesn’t need. And I need her to try on her clothes for the fall and see how many pairs of pants she might need. I think she needs new socks too. So much to do and never, ever enough time. But we do have another weekend after this one.

Both girls need new shoes, Alyssa needs gym shoes and maybe a nice pair of dress shoes to wear with leggings/dresses. Olivia needs new tennies and a pair of dressier shoes too. She’s a hard one to buy shoes for because we never quite know if something is going to rub wrong.

We’re still waiting for the letter from the school about O’s schedule too. I’m hoping we’ll get a list of supplies for her too.

I’m rambling, but this is what’s going on in my head even as I sit and rock one or the other girl. Just wanted you to know that I may be an actual slacker but in my head, I’m so, so busy."

Poor guy. Not many thoughts go through my head that don't come out of my mouth. Evidently, not many go through my head that don't get spewed into a lengthy email message or blog post. Lucky him and lucky you, huh? I have to admit, I do so amuse myself.

2 comments:

Page said...

:D Love it!

alexis said...

you've got a lot on your plate! make some "Me" time for youself!