Monday, August 1, 2011

31 Days

I can do anything for 31 days, right?

I can give up caffeine and peppermint patties for 31 days. Right?

Sure I can.

See, I've done this before. Back in 2008, I lost about 50 pounds over a six month or so period. I did it before, I can do it again.

And this time I'm hoping to actually keep it off.

But I'm taking it one month at a time this time. If, come September 1st, I want a peppermint patty, damn it, I'm going to have one.

Knowing that I'm giving myself that permission, I can do this for a month.

On Saturday morning, I told Tom that I was going to be starting some sort of healthy eating plan come Monday morning. I had to tell him because how else am I going to hold myself accountable?

He asked me if I want him to police me.

I told him no. I said that would just make me mad and we don't want that.

I did tell him that he can support me. He can help me take a little time a few days a week to get out and move, either by going for a power walk or by riding the bike. He can support me by keeping the girls while I do these things. Because walking with A and O? Is not power walking. It's strolling. And while strolling can be delightful, it isn't what my body needs right now.

Day one is going well. I'm staying strong. I'm praying it continues. I can do this. I can do anything for 31 days. One that 32nd day? We'll see. I hope that the results I see this month will be so great, to inspiring that I won't want a peppermint patty come September 1st. We'll see.

I want to be healthy. I want to feel good.

Last night Tom and I had one last binge. Ugh! I ate so much I felt awful for hours after. I felt awful when I went to bed and I felt just as gross when I woke up this morning.

The fresh vegetables I've had today have actually been good to my stomach, they've made me feel better. That's a good start. I want the food I eat to make me feel good, not bloated, gassy, groggy.

I'm so glad that last binge is behind me. Let's see how long that feeling lasts.

31 days. I can do this for 31 days.

4 comments:

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Isn't it funny that we don't like it when the husbands tell us when we already made the agreement to our selves? I don't know why it drives me crazy but it does! It seriously is one thing that I would get red in the face over... and all he is doing is helping me! hahaha

YOU CAN DO IT!! 31 days isn't bad at all, and did you know that it only takes 2 weeks for your body to stop craving the item. So me fore example I crave sugar, I cut out sugar and I don't crave it nearly as much as I use to. Same with soda! It is amazing!!! And you feel better and the thought of it makes you sick. So 31 days is a glorious plan!!!

Page said...

Yay!!! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you're off on your quest for healthy habits.

Can you do me a favor? If you think of me, would you just say a little prayer for me as well - Lord knows I need it! :)

Hugs!

Brittany said...

Good luck! I hope this 31 days just breezes by for you :). I am hoping the same for myself. Here is to a quick August!

Should Not Operate Heavy Machinery said...

Just keep it up. I slipped up last night and ate a couple of cookies. Usually I would just quit and say Screw It and go off. But I am more determined now not too. If you have the iphone, that have lots of cool apps for you track what you have eaten.