Tuesday, October 9, 2012

And Now for Something Frivolous

I’m a channel hopper. I know, it’s very irritating to be watching something on television and have the person across the room (or next to you on the couch if you’re one of THOSE couples) change the channel back and forth throughout the show.

So I don’t do that if I’m watching something and someone else is in the room watching too.

But if I’m alone? Ohh, a channel-hopping I will go.

Last night I was torn between The Voice and Dancing with the Stars. What? Shut up.

I did what any loving wife would do if she had the opportunity. I left Tom in the living room with The Voice and I went to the family room where I had a television to myself, the remote firmly gripped in my indecisive little hand and a sleeping Olivia next to me on the couch.

And then I spent the next two hours flipping back and forth between the shows. I was able to see most of the singing on the The Voice and most of the dancing on DwtS. And yes, I even voted for my favorite stars.

When I finally carried Olivia to bed, I told Tom, “You’re welcome.”

He smiled and nodded. He was grateful that I’d spared him the unfun that is sitting next to someone who insists on flipping from channel to channel.

It was definitely a win-win sort of night.

4 comments:

Julie said...

DVR!

It's a relationship saver.

Tommie said...

Ha! I'd love to be able to DVR, except you need to have some sort of cable/satellite service to do that and well, wanna know why Alyssa's been at my mom's all week while she's been out? My mom has better television watching options.

Okay, so we're too cheap to pay for television. That's what it comes down to.

Tiffany said...

I love The Voice!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't get to watch much TV but I am a remote control hog. When ever we watch TV together usually movies everyone knows I have to thave the remote. Wierd I know!