Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday Perks

The floors are mopped, the carpets vacuumed. The beds have clean sheets on them and the girls have just finished their lunch.

Tom left to visit a friend and I just lit some candles.

The weather is actually very mild, if you can overlook the gusting winds and hovering, threatening clouds.

It's just another lazy Sunday.

And I'm attempting to fold laundry while reminding Alyssa to do her homework and to stop doing handstands.

Yes, she's back. She feels so much better that she doesn't even realize that she's not 100% yet.

Olivia has a cough that's stuck around for about two weeks. Tom keeps hinting about taking her to the doctor for it. I keep asking him directly if he wants me to take her. He won't commit and I honestly don't think she needs to go.

It's a cold. Yes, it's been about two weeks but it's a cough and a mildly runny nose. What can they do? Nothing, that's what.

But I've told him if he wants me to take her, I will. I'll do it for his peace of mind.

But he doesn't want to be the one to actually TELL me to take her.

So...since it's up to me, we'll wait. She hasn't had a fever, the runny nose is annoying and sort of gross but isn't really bothering her. It hasn't moved into congestion. The cough is worse at night but that's because of post-nasal drip. Heck, it's 2pm and the child has just had her third wardrobe change, not due to messy clothes, but because she needed something a little fancier or with a little more sparkle. Her energy level has no been depleted even a little.

One thing about becoming a mother? I think I'm about five classes away from being an M.D. Ha, okay, so maybe not that close. But close enough that if I have to take her to Urgent Care I want to be able to tell the doctor who sees her and who wants to roll his/her eyes at me for bringing my child to see him/her because that child has a cold that the child's father is the one who felt the doctor visit was necessary. That way we can both roll our eyes together.

In another week, I'll probably be writing a post about how Olivia has bronchitis or something like that and that I should have taken her to the doctor today. Just because that's how things work.

No comments: