Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Beer Goggles

While in Orlando, I was lucky enough to spend a couple of evenings with some pleasantly intoxicated people. I was never intoxicated. Let me state that clearly right here and now.

Not that I’m against the occasional sip of an adult beverage, but I didn’t partake of one this year.

Yes, so…

On Saturday evening, after watching several friends rock out to a New Kids on the Block song in a karaoke bar, Julie and I decided it was time to go back to our hotel room. We’re old, remember? And yes, I can say that because I am older than she is, making me ancient.

Away we went, leaving our lovely friends to sing their drunken little hearts out.

We had to go up an escalator to reach the main lobby of our hotel. As we stepped onto the escalator heading up, there was a man on the escalator across the way, heading down to the level we were leaving.

He called out to us, “Sweet dreams, ladies.”

We sort of smiled/smirked and thanked him. Then, glancing back, we realized he’d turned around completely to watch us going up our escalator.

You guys? That dude had to be drunk. I am not that cute.

On the other hand, Julie is very cute. Perhaps he wasn’t drunk at all. Maybe he was making googly eyes at her and I just happened to be in her general vicinity.

Yes, that’s got to be it.

But honestly, his words were a bit slurred. And you know how conferences can go. For other people.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Riiiiiight. It was my cuteness. All gazillion pounds of it.

Tommie said...

Well, you're cuteness is MUCH cuter than my own gazillion pounds of non-cuteness. :-)