Thursday, October 4, 2012

Nine Years

Today, October 4th 2012 is my and Tom’s anniversary. Go us, huh?

We have our ups and downs. We, like I’m sure most people living under the same roof, have our moments when the other’s quirks get a bit annoying for frustrating.

But it’s good. We’re good. And for that I’m so very, very thankful.

We spent most of the first eight years of our marriage as a commuting family. I worked at a place that was 65 miles away from where we lived. In the beginning, I drove every day. Then Alyssa was born and by eight months old, she was actively resisting her car seat. She knew what kind of drive she was in for and she hated it.

I hated it.

I started campaigning to move. But it took eight years for that to happen so Alyssa and I and eventually Olivia, commuted, we stayed with my mom during the week because her house was closer to my work. And we went home on the weekends.

Over the years there was anger over the situation. I admit to that. But we survived them. We moved past them and here we are, in a house that’s only 18 miles from where I live.

Tom works from home and takes care of Olivia in the mornings. He’s there to take care of Alyssa on school holidays, weather days, sick days.

We all pull our weight and we’re all the better for it.

Here’s to the next nine. May they be as adventurous as the first nine as we continue to grow together, learn together, love together.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! Marriage can be difficult but totally worth it!