Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Forcing Familiarity

Dear sales people who call me at work…please stop using my name at the end of every single freaking sentence you utter.

This does not endear me to you, it annoys the shit out of me.

It does not make me want to buy whatever it is you’re selling. It makes me want to hang up on you.

It does not engender a sense of familiarity and friendship. It makes me grit my teeth and gives me a headache.

Just stop it! My best friends do not use my name every other sentence. My family doesn’t do this either.

The only people who use my name (and to them, I’m Mommy) before or after every utterance are my children and this drives me bat shit crazy too.

So if you don’t want me to snap as you as I so often snap at my poor, dear children, stop doing this.

Thank you…Tommie

1 comment:

Julie said...

You are so funny, Tommie but you know, Tommie, that the next I call you (Tommie), I will do that. I love you, Tommie.

Tommie's good friend,

Julie