Sunday, April 1, 2012

Princess Pee

Olivia's been sick for a few days. It means disrupted sleep, feverish demands for water and the need to sit on my lap and watch endless hours of Barbie Princess Charm School.

The watching of that movie includes wearing the dress that Barbie's character, Blair wears at the end of the movie as well as a crown. We also have to find the actual Barbie that is in the movie.

Then we sit and rock and she plays with the Barbie and adjusts her crown.

Earlier today, I was in another room and Olivia called me to the bathroom.

I arrived and she pointed to the toilet, into which she'd just urinated. "Look," she said. "It's princess pee."

She's very funny, that girl.

Alyssa's been on a computer binge lately. It's getting out of hand. Every moment she's not outside, she wants to be on the computer. We set the timer and make her get off when it goes off but I definitely feel like she's been online too much lately. We justify this by saying it's spring break and reassuring ourselves that her computer time will be greatly limited when they're back in school as of tomorrow.

I have been having dreams in which I'm furious with Tom. I think I have a few unresolved anger issues brewing. In these dreams I'm screaming at him, I'm so angry.

A few days ago, he mentioned that he'd noticed I'd bought chocolate during one of my trips to the store.

Oh can I tell you much that irritates me? I hate being policed. I detest it. I do not need someone watching every calorie I ingest and he knows it. So that makes me mad. The problem is, I don't get angry with him right then. I just nod and say idiotic things like, "I know I shouldn't eat it."

But you know what? If I freaking want to eat it, who is he to tell me I shouldn't?

But why am I here writing all this down instead of saying those words to him?

I don't know. It's so stupid, his reaction to chocolate and my own reaction to his reaction.

No comments: