Monday, April 23, 2012

A Tent/What?

Yesterday as I folded laundry in the family room, Olivia joined me there with her Rapunzel baby doll and a small blanket. She made herself and her baby comfortable at my feet, burrowing in against the couch. She lay there for a few minutes and then asked me to get her another blanket.

I said sure. As I brought her a larger blanket, she suggested I use that blanket to make her a tent.

Okay. I think my mom has done this at her house for O and J several times and that’s where O got the idea. It was cute. I brought in a couple of chairs from the kitchen table and draped the blanket over them. Olivia snuggled in, cooing to her baby and giggling to herself.

Since spring break a few weeks ago, Olivia has pushed her bedtime back by almost an hour.

It’s wearing me out! It’s as if she went on spring break, realized how much more fun that hour between 7:15 and 8:15 is and decided that’s it, I’m never sleeping through this hour again.

For the love of Pete, kid, momma needs that hour of down time.

Olivia has also gone on a kick in the past month or so where every ten seconds she’s saying, “Mommy?”

And I say, “What?”

Then she’ll tell me something silly and the process repeats ad nauseum until I finally respond to her, “Mommy?” with a snippy, “WHAT!?”

At which point she grins and says, “Nothing.”

Ugh! This child absolutely knows how to push my buttons and enjoys the pushing more than I’d like.

I did tell her the other day that she doesn’t have say mommy each time she wants to tell me something. She can just tell me. I said something like, “My saying what doesn’t turn on my ears. I can hear you all the time.”

This made Alyssa snicker into her book.

Always glad to be good for a laugh, kiddo.

And what the hell Blogspot? Why are none of my line breaks showing up? I kind of hate that this looks like one gigantic paragraph. Do you know how hard and irritating it is to read something like this? Anyone have any hints on how to fix this? I think I figure it out...

No comments: