Monday, April 30, 2012

This

This outfit makes it all worthwhile.



Olivia picked it out herself. And...she put it all on herself. Yes, she's dressing herself these days. It's awesome. Sometimes, I have to show her which side of her underwear are at the back but other than that, she's perfectly capable of getting herself dressed from top to bottom. Okay, wait. She still needs help with her shoes but...I'm not counting shoes and coat zippers right now.

And this...


Tom and Alyssa planted twenty trees this weekend. This is him showing her how to water them. I love it when they work together like this. I'm hopeful that he's paving the way toward a good relationship with a teenaged Alyssa. I know that one of the most important things in a teenage girl's life is a healthy relationship with her dad.

And yes, even this...


This little guy isn't nearly as little as he was almost four months ago when we got him. He's bigger and tougher and even more cuddly than ever. We all adore him. Even Tom. I know, right!?!

All of this makes the monotony of life better. It makes it worthwhile. It makes me stop for a minute and realize that I'm really, truly okay with monotony. Monotony is great, even.

No comments: