Saturday, April 28, 2012

Monotony

I think the sameness of my days, weeks, months are getting to me.

Monday through Friday, get up, get everyone dressed, pack a lunch for Alyssa, go to work, come home, make dinner, clean up after dinner, read to Olivia, go to sleep, rinse, repeat ad nauseum.

Weekends? Laundry, library, grocery shopping. Throw in a little vacuuming and sweeping and dusting and you have a very boring life.

And yet...I know I have it good. I do.

So why am I snapping at my children for doing things that are, well...childish? Why is my fuse so short that Alyssa saying, "Huh?" three times in a row in response to me saying something to her makes me insane?

Why does the process of cleaning poop off Olivia's legs and butt infuriate me when just seconds before she had me laughing when she gasped, "I have to poop! Ohh, I think I already did and it's a big one."

I feel so mercurial these days, up and down and all over the place.

I want to be calm, serene even. I want to enjoy the moment to moment experiences with my girls. I want to be faced with a challenge and not lose my freaking mind over it.

There has to be a solution. I just have to keep looking for it.

This picture makes me smile and I need to find more things that do that. Olivia is holding her Rapunzel baby wrapped in a Rapunzel blanket, all while she (Olivia) wears a princess crown because she's watching Barbie: Princess Charm School. Duh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.