Friday, July 15, 2011

Crabby

I'm irritable today.

I'm looking down the barrel of a weekend filled with unpleasant tasks. Yes, the tasks have to be done (priming/painting, ugh!!) so that the fun stuff, the decorating, the personalizing, can happen.

But gosh do I hate priming and painting. I just really, really do.

On top of the anticipation of the work ahead, I had another drive-by today from the very same idiot who did it a few weeks ago. This guy, on his way in from his own lunch outside the building, stops in my office JUST to say, "Oooh, something smells so healthy in here."

Then he proceeds to actually TOUCH the bag in which my Mcd's food is in. Hands off my lunch, asshole! He's just so annoying.

I glared at him and said nothing. He chortled (again, just last time) and walked away. One of these day...pow, to the moon!

Or maybe not. Maybe I'll just sit and stew as I stuff fries into my gaping mouth.

On top of the lunch-judge and the looming painting job, I snapped at the girls last night.

Granted, they were both asleep and don't remember it at all but still, I was yelling at sleeping children.

In news that is not new, I didn't sleep well last night. Even though I started out in the twin bed and the girls were in my big bed, I was 'called' to the big bed by Olivia around 1:00am. I nudged her over to give myself a bit more than three inches on the edge of the bed and then started to fall asleep.

I was jolted from my slumber by Olivia whimpering in her sleep and Alyssa pushing at my feet with hers.

I snapped, "For Pete's sake! Olivia, if you wouldn't insist on sleeping sideways your sister wouldn't squish you. And Alyssa, stop trying to sleep diagonal!"

Though they were alseep, they both complied with my stern admonition and moved accordingly, although by the time I moved back to the twin bed a couple of hours later, Oliva had her head down at the foot of the bed and Alyssa was diagonal again. Whatever, I no longer had to be touched by either of them.

Gosh I'm tired of being touched.

Yes, yes, we need new sleeping arrangements. I've been saying that for months (years?) Which is why I'm going to be doing the drudge work this weekend in preparation for the fun of making their room their own and making them WANT to be in there. It will happen. Please don't tell me it won't even if you think it might not.

In happier news, I promised the girls that I'd only paint for four hours tomorrow morning and then I'd take them to the pool in the afternoon. In the evening, my mom is taking Alyssa and her cousin Juiliet (no, that's not a typo, her mother spelled her name that way) to the Rodeo that is in town for the weekend. They're ever so excited.

Once again, I'm thankful to be living close enough to my mom that she can do things like this with my big girl. I'm so glad that Alyssa and my mom are so close. I'm thrilled that she gets to do things that don't include her little sister. The little sister, on the other hand, isn't offended at all to get Mommy to herself all evening. So it's win-win.

Now, if only I can ignore the over-full feeling in my stomach. I don't want to acknowledge that I feel gross after eating my lunch because I feel like doing so makes the idiot who can't keep his mouth shut right. I HATE it when he's right.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

It's not a matter of if they will sleep in their own bed, it's a matter of when. I have no idea how long the tunnel is, but I know there is light at the end of it.

And seriously, that co-worker is a hrmmm the word I want to say is very very mean... two words.. first rhymes with luck and second rhymes with card.

xoxoxox
Lauren

Julie said...

Okay, Lauren made me think this morning but I finally got it!! I was thinking feminine cleaning product plus bag. :)