Sunday, July 24, 2011

Quick

Today, I am grateful for stolen moments, for a coupe of hours away from the house with my girls, not caring about the laundry (new laundry, the laundry from a few posts ago has actually been folded and put away, I know! Go me.) the closet that needs to be painted or the floors that STILL haven't been vacuumed. Gross, huh?

I am thankful for Grams who live closeby and have pools in which we can swam, play, laugh until we cry and just be together.

These are the times these girls are going to remember, the times they'll talk about fifty years from now when they're reminiscing about me. These stolen afternoons when I put them before the housework, when we filled the hours with love, laughs, joy.

I'm so incredibly lucky to be able to take these moments and make the most of them.

And now I have a four-year-old sleeping the contented sleep of the physically tired and an eight-year-old fighting to stay awake for just one more episode of Arthur.

The dishwasher is running, the laundry is still waiting to be folded (some of it has been folded, though, so I'm still not feeling all the guilty about the rest) and I'm ready to follow Olivia's example and go sleep the sleep of the content.

1 comment:

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

Being around my niece and nephew I always think... "they will remember these moments" and I love how happy they are when we are doing fun activities.

Children are the best, and I am sooooooooo glad you have family so close. We all need our family and it makes everything so wonderful when we can build those relationships!