Sunday, July 3, 2011

Lazy

Today, I am grateful for long, hot, lazy days in which I have nothing more important to do than drive three miles to my mother's house, swim in her pool with my girls, get out, feed them lunch at Mom's Diner, visit with out-of-town guests, and then swim again.

Of course, there are always chores to be done. There's always a load of laundry waiting to be folded or a dishwasher full of clean dishes that aren't going to put themselves away. There are also carpets to be vacuumed and floors to be swept and mopped but I've found that when I leave the house with my girls on a mission of fun, I can forget the things that are laying around the house, waiting to be put away. I can focus on my girls. That's something they deserve to happen more often than it does. But when it finally does I'm so grateful that I decided the chores could wait and the fun couldn't. Because when we go out to have fun, I'm reminded of how great my kids really are.

Alyssa is such a fish. She's very confident in the water and moves like a mermaid. Her natural grace magnifies in the water. She's fun too.

Olivia is almost as confident. But when I'm near, she'd rather be holding my hands, 'swimming' to me from arm length away and then letting me push her back only to swim back.

I just like the feeling of the cool water and the sound of my children's laughter.

And the tired you get from a day of swimming doesn't hurt either. Those two little gilrs are going to sleep well tonight.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love lazy days...and you are so right, there is nothing like the kind of tired you get from swimming!!!

Anonymous said...

Count me in too..lazy days are my favorite! I wish I had more of them.