Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hep Hep

I'm on the safety committee at my place of employment. For several years, we've talked about getting first responders in to get Hepatitis B vaccinations.

FINALLY, the HR person got her crap together, got the check request signed, submitted to accounting and then got the check back from accounting and up to the health department in our county and today, I got the first of three hep b shots.

(For the record, I am the HR person who sort of got her crap together, but just enough to do that one thing...just so you know.)

I can't help but imagine (because I'm perverse?) that perhaps there is something about these vaccinations that will help when we're living in apocalyptic times, when zombies are roaming the streets looking for living flesh upon which to feed. Somehow, these vaccinations will make me and the other two guys who were willing to look down the tip of a needle immune not only to hepetitis B but also to zombism. We'll be the ones who can fight on the front line, because a little bite or scratch from a silly old zombie won't hurt us.

Yeah...except, I don't want to be on the front line of any battle. Yes, I do want to be immune to zombism (and hepetitis B) but I will stay back, away from limb-rending zombies, thank you very much. I have small children to care for.

I am lucky to work in a place where they're willing to do this kind of thing for their employees. Of course, with this out of the way, I'll be on of the first people called if someone needs first aid, but...always willing to help and all that, right?

The whole protection against zombification doesn't hurt either.

1 comment:

Page said...

Oh yeah. I'm all for warding off zombies... Think I'll make an appointment right now! ;)

P.S. Good thing your company has such an amazing HR person. :)