Monday, July 4, 2011

Photographic Evidence

Each Fourth of July for the past several years, the girls and I go to a parade with my mom and then Tom joins us for a celebration at my aunt's house in town where we can see the fireworks from her backyard.

Even when we lived 65 plus miles away, the girls and I made the drive early and then usually spent the night with my mom so we didn't have to drive home so late after the fireworks. Poor Tom always drove back home.

This year, thanks to our lovely new home and the location of said home, we were able to go to the parade, come back home for the afternoon and go back to the party in town later.

This morning Alyssa helped me make cupcakes that look, sort of, like fireworks. They are actually pretty cute, I must say. Here's proof of our hard work.


And since I'm uploading I thought I'd provide photographic evidence of the closets. See, I know that I could say anything I want about painting them but the proof is in the pictures. So...blue closet and red closet.





And another angle of both, just to get the full impact of these colors. And for the record, the blue went on in one smooth coat, covering beautifully. The red? Not so much. Of course in the spirit of full disclosure, I must admit that Olivia 'helped' paint her red closet, so take that for what it's worth. Alyssa also helped paint her blue closet, butr let's remember that there are almost four years separating them in age, strength and maturity.




And in case Alyssa ever tries to tell me I'm the meanest mom EVER, I have evidence that I'm actually a pretty cool mom. We dyed her hair a couple of nights ago. We used Splat brand semi-permanent hair color in Aqua. She is now known at Merlyssa.



Today, I'm thankful for this amazing country of ours and those who fought and died keeping us free to live wonderful, thankful lives.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Those cupcakes look delish!

LOVE the colors of the closets and hair!

L

Page said...

Love it all! I REALLY love the blue closet! Gives me some ideas for my own spaces. :) You are a cool mom! But we already knew that. ;)

Tiffany said...

Love the closets, the hair and the cupcakes!!!

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

I love the cupcakes! And that hair... how much fun. I love that she loves mermaids sooooooooooooo much and calls herself Meryssa! ahahha So funny! Reminds me of my childhood and how much I loved it. The closets turned out pretty good! Way to go.